Friday, March 2, 2007

Bath Time Cha-Cha-Cha

The following is an edited version of tonight's Bath Time Cha-Cha-Cha, edited only for brevity. The same dance can be done to any activity that needs to be done one child at a time, for example, getting a haircut.


DH: (to all children) It's bath night! #2, when your timer goes off it's time to take a bath, you've got 4 minutes.
#2: Okay, I'm done now, #1, do you want to finish my game?
#1: Yes!
DH: That's great #2 let's go get in the tub!
#2: No, (whiny) I want to finish my frosty first. (It's in the freezer from yesterday.)
DH: Okay, as soon as you are done will you take a bath?
#2: No.
#3: I want to take a bath!
DH: No, it's #2's turn for a bath.
#2: I don't want to take a bath!
DH: If I let #3 take a bath will you take a bath when he is done and be happy?
#2: No.
DH: Let me ask that question again, that wasn't the right answer. If I let #3 take a bath, will you take a bath when he is done and be happy?
#2: Yes.
DH: Okay, #3, let's go take a bath!
#3: No, I don't want to take a bath.
DH: It's bath time, let's go take a bath.
#3: No.
#1: No one asked me if I want to take a bath!
DH: (walking upstairs to bathroom) Okay, I'm turning on the water! I'm putting in the Thomas bubbles!
#3: No! I'm playing with my ship.
#2: Okay, I'll take a bath.
#3: It's bath time!
(Both boys head upstairs to the bathroom.)
#2: All right, I'll let him take a bath first.
DH, who was a model of wonderful patient parenting thoughout, takes a bow as #3 gets in the tub.

No comments: