Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ed Week Tuesday

Okay, for the sake of readability, I'm going to make each class it's own entry, and then when (if) I attend that class again, I'll just update that entry with the new day's notes.

Man, today was a long day. Great, but long. I forgot to pack a sandwich and all of my classes were at the farther end of campus where there were no food places, so all I ate all day was Fiber One bars. I am paying the price now, my stomach is killing me. I didn't want to sacrifice a class so I could sit alone somewhere and eat for an hour and a half. I'll come up with a better plan tomorrow.

On a positive note, I was quite proud of myself for not getting lost the whole day! I had to use the map, but I pretty much always knew where I was and how to get where I wanted to go. The only minor difficulties were when I forgot which building I was in and attempted to orient myself from the wrong place, and three times when there was a building in between me and the place I wanted to be, so I accidentally walked the longest way around. I walked around three sides of the Marriott Center before I got to the parking lot where my car was, and at the end of the day that is pure torture. Oh, and when I got there, I found the black, squishy banana that I meant to bring to supplement my Fiber One diet. If you ever want to speed-ripen a banana, leave it in the car on a 95+degree day. Just a little tip from me to you.

Enjoy the class notes, I'm almost intimidated by having three more days of this - I think my mind and body will both collapse by the end!

1 comment:

Drake Steel said...

Thank you very much for your notes Emily. I recall the wonderful feeling of knowing the why behind so many things which is what gets taught at Education Week.